Posted on | April 30, 2013 | No Comments
X-Rite Pantone is please to introduce the latest additions to our benchtop spectrophotometer offerings with the Ci4100 and Ci4200 models. The Ci4100 is an easy-to-use sphere geometry based spectrophotometer that accurately measure color samples, finishes, ranging from satin to high gloss, giving retail paint and hardware stores a way to provide superior customer service in color matching, while reducing instances of mis-tints and improving in-store efficiencies.
The Ci4200 provides accurate color measurements of coatings, textiles, and plastics that can be integrated seamlessly with historical databases of other X-Rite instruments. This solution is ideal for companies that want to establish or improve color control programs in industrial settings.
The Ci4100 was designed to address the needs of paint retailers for an easy-to-use, compact countertop unit that can accurately measure colors in a wide range of gloss finishes. The Ci4100′s small footprint and relatively light weight makes it easy to orient in either the horizontal or vertical position to take color measurements of large or bulky items. The instrument uses a powerful 31-point color engine and Spectalon sphere to precisely define even hard-to-match colors such as dark reds, browns and greens so paint can be mixed right the first time, with few instances of mis-tints.
The Ci4100 has a number of features that give retailers a significant competitive advantage by providing exceptional customer service in color matching, while at the same time reducing time that it takes to train personnel on proper use and calibration of the instrument. The instrument connects seamlessly with the industry’s leading software program for paint color matching and formulation — X-Rite’s ColorDesigner® PLUS software that drives all major types of dispensers.
The Ci4100 features:
- Accurate color measurement. The Ci4100 uses a 31-point color engine and precisely machined Spectalon sphere to measure colors in the 400 to 700 nm range.
- Built-in calibration tile. No more searching for the standard tile when the instrument is to be calibrated.
- Small footprint that conserves countertop space. The instrument measures 8.7 inches high, by 7.5 inches wide and 10.4 inches long.
- Window that provides clear view of where measurements are taken with 4 mm area, the smallest target available for this class of instruments so colors of samples can be defined with tight accuracy.
- Gloss value enables sales associates to precisely measure colors of samples ranging from satin to high gloss finish.
- Easy connection with personal computers through USB port.
- Seamless connection with ColorDesigner PLUS software.
- Consistency with historical data with other X-Rite sphere handheld instruments.
For more information on Ci4100, please refer to the http://www.xrite.com/ci4100 website.
The Ci4200 is an easy-to-use, 31-point spherical spectrophotometer that manufacturers can harness quickly to measure the colors of coatings, textiles, plastics and other materials to reduce rejection rates and scrap, improve speed to market and enhance their positions within supply chains. With its attractive price point, the new instrument is particularly well suited for companies that want to improve on existing color measurement programs that currently rely on non-spectral devices or only visual inspection pass/fail methods.
“We’re very pleased with the Ci4200,” said Dennis Herman, technical service specialist for the Graphic Systems Division of FUJIFILM North America Corp. “It demonstrates very good repeatability and is much easier to load than other machines, especially for small and hard-to-handle samples. The measurement button adds to the ease of use of the spectro, and the plug-and-play features that X-Rite included with the instrument made it easy to install the drivers and connect with its InkFormulation 6 software.”
The Ci4200 is X-Rite’s response to customers’ needs for a small, easy-to-use and flexible benchtop spectrophotometer that serves as a solid foundation for tighter controls of color for incoming materials, in-process parts and finished goods. In addition to providing accurate color measurement for gloss and non-gloss surfaces, the Ci4200 is also available with UV (Ci4200UV) for accurate color measurement of textiles and other materials that contain optical brightening agents.
The Ci4200 is NetProfiler 3 enabled and supports embedded profiling. Using NetProfiler, companies can profile their Ci4200s to ensure accuracy and consistency across measurement devices within a single facility or across geographies. NetProfiler enables the accurate exchange of spectral color data in applications where color tolerances are tight and there is little room for error. The Ci4200 and NetProfiler 3 can lower the cost of color programs by helping to eliminate color measurement problems before they result in costly rework.
X-Rite, the world’s largest designer and manufacturer of color management and communication systems, ensured that the data generated by the Ci4200 integrates seamlessly with the databases of similarly equipped X-Rite spectrophotometers so that companies can access and continue to use historical color measurements records of incoming materials, processes and finished products.
The Ci4200 features:
- Accurate color measurement. The Ci4200 uses a 31-point color engine and precisely machined Spectralon sphere to measure colors, also available with calibrated UV illumination (Ci4200UV).
- Simultaneous SCI/SCE measurement in 2 seconds.
- Flexibility in measurement. The Ci4200 can be rotated to measure test surfaces presented horizontally or vertically.
- Small footprint that conserves benchtop space.
- Potential connection with remote locations. When used with NetProfiler 3.0, the Ci4200 can be profiled to a single virtual standard.
- Compatible with X-Rite SP6x handheld historical data.
- Integration with powerful software for industrial applications. The Ci4200 connects seamlessly with Color iQC, Color iMatch and InkFormulation software packages for immediate use.
- LED membrane provides status and operation feedback with remote trigger.
- Sample targeting/viewing via sample arm.
For more information on Ci4200, please refer to the http://www.xrite.com/ci4200 website. X-Rite is also providing a free webinar on the Ci4200 on June 18th, June 26th, and July 17th, to register visit our website.